Artist Statement



My work is created with salt, alcohol, watercolor paint on large paper. I identify my artwork as a world where I am able to transform everything I see with a personal perspective.
These works have developed from a personal touch fragmented images that have to do with my feelings and thoughts through my experience in art. I have been working with photos, manipulating the image depending of what I want to see. Also while time has passed by, most of my artwork has to do with everyday life events. I like to capture specific moments that to me can be unique and unforgettable. My artwork is a combination of nature and the human figure. Using water based media; I create a visual interpretation based on my reflections of nature. Some of my paintings have transformed the human figure from its actual form and color to a more abstract and multifaceted figure, while others have keep more of their realistic form. There are two reasons for the distortion of the body. Which are universal and personal, related to the viewer experience and it gives that sense of lonely moments of personal reflections. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment