Emociones Fuertes

"Trapped"
2007

"Juarez"
2007
JT Collection

"Sor Juana Inez de la Cruz"
2007
JT Collection

"Corazon Enamorado"
2008
AV Collection






"Trapped" is one of my pieces that depicts a phase in my life where I felt trapped in my own self. I think that this is a  phase most people face in their life. They make changes in their lives and decisions have to be made. To decide which road to take.

"Juarez" and "Sor Juana Inez de la Cruz" are part of a final project I did for my Spanish Literature course when I was pursuing my masters degree. "Juarez" is about the women who were murdered in Juarez, Mexico. My professor Dr. Jesus Tafoya discussed these tragic events in our class which gave me inspiration for this painting.

"Corazon Enamorado" was a request by a good friend Aldo Valenzuela. I had created a piece similar to this one, which I sold during my graduate solo exhibition. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of my first piece, however my friend had seen the piece displayed at the gallery and he wanted to buy it. Since the original was no longer available, I was commissioned to create a similar work of art for his personal collection.








1 comments: